All salaries are determined in line with qualifications and experience, and in accordance with established salary scales.
Click here for the 2011-2012 Overseas Teacher Salary Scales.
Click here for the 2012-2013 Overseas Teacher Salary Scales.
Click here for the 2011-2012 Local Teacher Salary Scales.
Click here for the 2012-2013 Local Teacher Salary Scales.
Administrators' and management salaries are not published and are discussed on an individual basis.
Support staff salaries and benefits are not published, but are available on request.
Basic benefits are listed below.
Benefits for Local Hire Positions
- Optional 100% AISJ contribution to medical aid scheme (presently Discovery Health) for employee, and 50% AISJ contribution for dependents
- Group Life and Disability Insurance
- 10% AISJ contribution/ 5% Employee contribution to a South African pension scheme
Benefits for Overseas Hire (Sponsored) Positions
- World-wide medical aid coverage with US$100 deductible per employee or $300 for a family; Includes basic dental
- Group life and disability insurance
- 10% AISJ contribution / 5% employee contribution to pension scheme
- Annual home leave airfare allowance
- Settlement allowance R15,000
- Interest-free car loan of up to 40% of annual salary, repayable over 20 months
- Tuition for approved school aged children
- Basic household furnishings
- Shipping allowance at commencement and termination of employment
- Mobilization from and to home of record at commencement and termination of employment
- Initial two-year contract with an option to extend