The high school counseling program supports all students in attaining their greatest potential as they grow from grade nine through grade twelve.
Counseling services focus on academics, personal-social growth and adjustment, and college and career planning.
Programs for ninth and tenth graders emphasize the acquisition of study skills, academic adjustment and success, as well as personal discovery that identifies interests, skills, and aptitudes. Eleventh graders utilize this acquired self-knowledge as they explore careers and colleges/universities that match their post-secondary goals. The counseling department assists seniors with college applications, providing information and guidance in meeting requirements and deadlines for universities worldwide.
Some of the services offered by the counselor are
Counseling department practices incorporate ethical standards of the American School Counselor Association.
- Individual and group counseling for personal-social and academic concerns
- Consultation with students, parents, teachers, and administrators
- Transition counseling and programs for new and leaving students
- Referrals to community professionals and resources as appropriate
- Crisis counseling
- Academic, career, and college planning
- Maintenance and transfer of student records
Click here to view the University Cheat Sheet PDF Document