Vision, Purpose, Principles, Pillars, Portrait, & Parameters
Inspire learning to build our better world.
The purpose of AISJ is to provide exceptional educational experiences in a diverse and nurturing environment. We cultivate an inclusive community of learners and empower global citizens to fulfill their future purpose.
AISJ will …
- Ensure that school enrollment, resources, and capacity are aligned
- Maintain a sense of community and attention to individuals
- Not tolerate behavior that is detrimental to the safety, integrity, or dignity of any individual
- Hire and retain qualified and adaptable staff whose attitudes and actions reflect the school’s Vision, Purpose, and Community Principles
- Adhere to a sustainable and transparent financial plan
- Maintain a strong international identity while respecting our host country’s cultures
- Approve and maintain only those programs that are consistent with the strategic direction, are financially justified, and provide for professional development and assessment
- Provide a Pre K-12 education
- Use English as the primary language of instruction
Learning is the development of knowledge, skills and
character through experience and reflection that changes who we are.
Learning happens best when...
Learners engage in positive relationships that enhance their sense of safety, well-being, and belonging.
Learners are challenged with ambitious expectations and appropriate, personalized goals.
Learners engage in processes of inquiry,
investigation, deep thinking, feedback, and reflection
to apply and transfer ideas in multiple contexts.
Learners own their learning and know-how to learn,
empowering them to be self-directed, creative and
explore their curiosities and individual passions.
Learners are active and collaborative, engaging with
diverse viewpoints to develop empathy and character.
Learners find purpose and meaning as they make
authentic connections among concepts and across
We are better when we act together.
When each of us does well, we all do well, and that's how we make a better world for one another.
Our differences make us stronger.
We don't just bring our own backpacks and laptops to school. We bring our own culture, our own traditions, and our own values. We bring our ideas, The more we celebrate our diversity, the stronger we make our community. Wherever you come from, whatever your background, or beliefs, you enrich our school just by being part of it.
Every voice counts. Every voice matters.
When we feel safe, respected, and included, then we're inspired to do our best. When someone speaks, we don't just pay lip service to their ideas. We discuss their opinions, respect their feelings and when something needs to change, we change it. We step up without waiting to be told.
Every team needs individuals. Every individual needs a team.
We want every individual in this school to be their best. But you can't be a star performer without support from the people around you. We work together. We create together. We're curious together. We don't just sit next to each other, we've got each other's backs. When one of us shines, we all celebrate. When one of us struggles, we all give support.
- Athletics / Activities
PORTRAIT OF A LEARNER