Dear Pretoria Campus Parents,
Thank you for a wonderful start to the 2019-2020 school year. Thank you to our student ambassadors who helped welcome over 40 new families to the AISJ Pretoria campus. We had a great turn out for Tears and Cheers and please mark your calendars for continued parent involvement in the next few weeks.
Our middle school team dedicated time in building community and welcoming new students this week and are now in full swing of their middle school classes. Our elementary students are learning their school day routines and students in grades 3, 4, and 5 are participating in a learning quest.
The learning quest is designed to familiarize students with skills and attributes that self-directed, inquisitive learners use, thus providing a foundation for further inquiry and learning throughout the school year. Please see the poster below for more information about the learning quest. Parents of grade 3, 4, and 5 students are invited to attend the celebration of learning on August 23, from 2:00-2:50 PM.
Our AISJ Pretoria School Photo Day is this Tuesday, August 20!
Middle School Open House is Thursday, August 22, at 6:00 PM (Lapa)
Grade 6 Parents: 5:30 PM (Annex)
From our Pretoria PA President Stephanie Sexton:
Happy first week from your Parent Association! I hope everyone has found the right classrooms and is enjoying the adventure of starting a new school year. PA is looking forward to getting to know you all better and answer any questions. Please join us at any and all of the following upcoming events this month:
· Wednesday, August 21: First PA Meeting. Please join us in the Parent Room at 12:00 PM, to discuss upcoming events and learn more about what we do.
· Monday, August 26: PA Welcome Back Coffee. All new and returning parents are welcome to join us at 10:00 AM in the Parent Room for this informal meet and greet. We look forward to continuing to welcome the 47 new families into the AISJ family. We will provide a coffee and some snacks so come enjoy!
· Wednesday, August 28: Parent Night Out. Line up your babysitter and join us at Capital Craft at 6:00 PM for some uninterrupted conversations.
Let us know in any ways that we can help. Communication is a big focus of what we try to do. In the upcoming weeks, teachers will be asking for 1-2 parent volunteers per classroom to act as room parents. The volunteers will serve as the communication liaison between the grade level and the teacher. WhatsApp groups will be created based on interest by these parent volunteers to communicate important dates, events, and goings-on in the classroom. Please watch for these messages and feel free to contact anyone in the PA if you are interested in helping out!
I hope everyone has a restful weekend and again, welcome to the AISJ community!
· Tuesday, August 20: School Photo Day
· Wednesday, August 21: PA meeting,12:00 PM (Parent Room)
· Thursday, August 22: Middle School Open House, 5:30 PM Grade 6 parents (Annex), Grade 6,7,8, 6:00 PM (Lapa)
· Friday, August 23: Parent Workshop for Communication and Website, 1:45 PM (Annex)
· Monday, August 26, 10:00 AM, Welcome Back Coffee (Parent Room)
· Wednesday, August 28, 6 PM, Parents Get to Know Pretoria Parents: Night Out, Capital Craft
· Friday, August 30, 7:45 AM-8:30 AM, August Student Assembly
· Monday, September 2 to Thursday, September 5, Middle School Classroom Without Walls
· Friday, September 6, Early Dismissal at 1:30 PM
Have a good Friday and a good weekend.