Dear Pretoria Campus Parents,
Thank you for your involvement with International Mother Language Day. A special thank you to Brenda Tevalán de Aikomus and parents who help organize, who lead student learning workshops, and all parents who prepared and served international food. The celebration of our many mother languages was a success thanks to you!
Board of Directors
Thank you to parents who attended the session to meet the candidates for the Board of Directors. If you were not able to attend, please view the Board of Directors video clips on our website. Voting information and ballots will be sent to your email account you have registered in PowerSchool. Please be informed electronic voting will open Monday, February 25 and remain open until Friday, March 8.
The process for searching for a new school director to follow Dr. Andy Page-Smith in July 2020 has reached the stage where final candidates are invited to visit AISJ. There are three final candidates and two finalist will be visiting Pretoria this week and one next week. All parents are invited to meet the director candidates in the Parent Room from 14:00-14:45 on Tuesday, February 26, Friday, March 1 and Tuesday, March 5.
Middle School Students – elective choices for 2019/2010
Students soon be choosing their elective subjects for next school year. Parents of our current 5th grade, 6th grade and 7th grade students are invited to attend an Electives Information Session on Friday, March 1 from 1:30 – 2:00 PM in the Library Annex. Students will bring home a form to indicate their elective choices. This form should be returned to school by Wednesday, March 13.
Parents that are interested in joining a small group of volunteers at our partner school, Meetse A Bophelo Primary in Mamelodi East on Tuesdays from 8:45–11:00 AM should email Lauren Greene-Roesel firstname.lastname@example.org with your telephone contact. Lauren will add you to the volunteer What's App group. Lauren is providing support for teachers and general interaction with Pedi and Zulu-speaking Grade R children (kindergarten) in order to increase basic skills and provide a stronger foundation for English and home-language literacy. Lauren and the children of Meetse A Bophelo Primary need people with a lot of energy and who are comfortable with small children and willing to jump in where needed. The carpool departs from the Silver Oaks Woolworths outside of Silver Lakes Estate.
- Board of Directors Voting Monday, February 25- Friday, March 8
- Visits for director finalist: Tuesday, February 26 and Friday, March 1, 2-2:45 PM in the Parent Room
- Parent Information Session: Middle School electives for 2019-2020 academic year, Friday, March 1 from 1:30-2:00 PM in the Library Annex
- Board Elections February 25 – March 8
- Meet the finalist for the director search, Tuesday, March 5, 2:00-2:45 PM in the Parent Room
- March Student Assembly, Wednesday, March 6, 1 PM in the Lapa
- No Classes on Thursday March 7 due to Student Led Conferences
- Rand Rally and Spirit Week, March 11-15
- Spray-a-thon, Festival of Running, Friday March 15
- March Parent Association Meeting, Wednesday, March 13 at noon in the Parent Room
Winter School 2019
AISJ Pretoria will be hosting our annual Winter School Program for three weeks during the June-July break. It will take place at the Pretoria campus from June 3 to June 21 excluding June 17 which is a South African public holiday. Students from EC to Grade 5 are welcome. (EC students need to have turned 5 and be enrolled at our school). More information will follow in April 2019. Should you have any questions, please contact:
Have a good Friday and a good weekend.