Dear Pretoria Campus Parents,
Thank you for your time and participation for International Day. Our instrumental students opened the day by playing both the South African and USA national anthem. We enjoyed time and international activities with the Johannesburg students and educators. The international food fair was spectacular. Thank you making our AISJ International Day great.
From our Pretoria PA President Stephanie Sexton:
We are excited for Boo-in-the-Boot next Friday, November 1 from 5:30-7:30. Please note, since many people will be setting up their boots' doors will not open early for this event.
For security reasons, parent parking will be at the church only (no street parking).
Still want to host a boot? There are still slots open. Sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0c4da5af2ca1f58-boointhe
In our ongoing effort to make events cashless, wristbands will ONLY be pre-sold this year.
Wristbands are R100/child. Adults and children 3 and under are free. If you are hosting a boot, your children get in free.
There are two ways to purchase tickets:
- Students will be able to purchase wristbands with their Student ID or cash at the Parent Room Tuck Shop before and after school Monday, October 28 - Thursday, October 31. If using ID, please ensure their ID card is loaded with enough money via LunchHub (need a refresher? click here) AND that the set daily limit does not prohibit your child from purchasing tickets. Wristbands will be given to students at time of purchase in an envelope.
- Parents will be able to purchase wristbands via their Parent ID or with cash at the Parent Room Tuck Shop before or after school Monday, October 28 - Thursday, October 31. Additionally tickets will be on sale from 11-2 on Wednesday to coordinate with the opening of the Multipurpose Center. Please note, parents have a separate account on LunchHub so you would need to add money to your account if you plan on using your Parent ID.
Finally, vendors (Piza e Vino, Corn Dogs and Taco Kombi) will have food for sale. Food may be purchased at each vendor using credit card, SnapScan or cash. The PA will be selling drinks and snacks which can be purchased with Student or Parent IDs (so load those cards up!).
We look forward to seeing all those fun costumes!
**The AISJ Parent Room Tuk Shop is going digital!**
Our Goal is to make the Parent Room Tuk Shop Simpler, Safer and More Convenient
Starting Monday, October 28, 2019, the Parent Room Tuk Shop will start the transition towards being cashless. Parents, Children and Staff will now be able to purchase food, drinks, spirit-ware, athletic kits and PA event tickets using your ID Cards. Money can be tracked and loaded onto ID cards via Lunch Hub.
Loading Money onto Lunch Hub: https://www.aisj-jhb.com/uploaded/2018-19/Lunch_Hub/How_to_-_Parent_Lunch_Hub.pdf
Lunch Hub FAQ’s: https://www.aisj-jhb.com/page.cfm?p=12737
We are also excited to share with you that the Pretoria Parent Tuk Shop has expanded our snacks, beverages and light meal selections. We will continue to revisit our offerings and will be adding additional items through out the school year. Come visit us often to see what’s new… have a cold drink or snack, sit back, relax and stay for a while.
Notice: In keeping with AISJ’s sugar and caffeine policy, only people over the age of 18 will be able to purchase soft drinks.
In the next few weeks watch for information on a new collaborative project…
kindness is going to start popping up everywhere!!
· Wednesday, October 30, Official Opening of the new Multi-purpose facility, 12:15 PM
· Friday, November 1, Boo in the Boot, 5:30-7:30 PM
· Wednesday, November 13, Parent Association Meeting, Parent Room, 12:00 PM
Have a good weekend and I look forward to seeing you on Wednesday and Friday.