Lunch Hub FAQ’s
Dear AISJ Parents,
As we continue to find ways to improve our current systems and user experience at AISJ, we are excited to introduce to you AISJ’s Lunch Hub Online System. This new Lunch Hub will be the one stop shop for all things related to the cafeteria at AISJ.
This system is available to all staff and students to use their ID cards to make purchases at the AISJ Cafeteria. All students now have their own ID card which is activated for printing as well as purchasing items at the cafeteria. For students in Elementary School (Pre-K to Grade 5) on both campuses, student ID cards are stored and managed by their homeroom teacher. Middle and High School students are responsible for their own cards.
Exciting new features & benefits:
- There is less cash on the premises, so it is safer for all
- Cash is not handled at the tills, so the speed of service is increased, and queues are reduced
- Once loaded onto your cafeteria account your cash is safe
- ID cards are more hygienic than handling cash
- Keep track of purchases and account balances
- Parents are able to monitor their child's cafeteria account online, set restrictions on items their child can purchase, and thereby control what is purchased. (This is not applicable to Elementary School children as they are only allowed to purchase hot meals and not permitted to purchase items at the Tuckshop Grab ‘n Go section)
- View Tuckshop “Grab ‘n Go and hot lunch menu
Here is the link to the AISJ Lunch Hub System which can also be found on the portals via the ‘Lunch Hub’ button.
How to load money:
- Student Cafeteria Accounts: Upload money to your child’s /children’s cafeteria account via PayGate on the Lunch Hub (Click here for the How to Guide)
- Cash loader at the Kgoro in Johannesburg and at the Lapa in Pretoria (An easy “How to Guide” poster is available at the cash loader for viewing)
1. Will there be a transition period?
Yes - from Oct. 30 to Dec. 15, 2017. Cash/lunch ticket purchases will be allowed before we go totally cashless. If you have purchased Lunch Tickets, these will still be accepted until the existing tickets run out, then we will ask you to load money onto your child's cafeteria account. Cash will not be accepted at the cafeteria tills after Dec. 15, 2017. Pre-purchased Lunch Tickets will be accepted after this date.
2. Are my credit card details secure?
Security is of utmost importance to us, and that is why we are using a fully licensed company called “PayGate” (www.paygate.co.za) to manage the payments on our behalf. This means that AISJ will not have access to credit card details at any point
3. Can I still make EFT payments to the AISJ bank account for the money to be loaded onto my child's cafeteria account?
No - after Dec. 15, 2017 this is no longer an option.
4. Will I receive email alerts that will let me know when funds are running low on my child's Lunch Hub account?
Yes - you will be notified via email when your child’s account balance reaches the R250.00, R50.00 and R0.00. You are able to customize your notifications for account balance amounts as well as your daily and weekly limit amounts. Click Edit Account Settings
5. What happens to the money that I have already paid AISJ for lunch? Will it be allocated to my child’s/children’s cafeteria account?
If you already bought Lunch Tickets, this will still be accepted until the existing tickets run out then we will ask you to load money onto your child's cafeteria account.
6. What happens if my child has no funds in their Lunch Hub account, will they still be able to get lunch?
As parents will receive notifications once the account reaches designated balance amounts, it is your responsibility to ensure that there are enough funds on your child’s cafeteria account. In the event an ES child has insufficient funds on their Lunch Hub account – parents will need to contact the divisional office to make arrangements to purchase food for that specific day.
7. What do I do if my child loses their ID card?
- Notify the Business Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately and the card will be blocked, which will ensure the ID card will not be used to purchase food on the cafeteria account.
- A replacement fee of R50.00 will be charged, which is to be paid to the Business Office.
- As soon as the replacement fee is paid, a new ID card will be printed and issued, and funds in the child's cafeteria account will be linked to the new ID card.
- The new card will be delivered to the relevant divisional office for distribution to the child
8. Am I able to pull a statement of what the deposited money was spent on?
Yes, once you are logged into Lunch Hub under accounts next to your child’s name there will be an option “View Statements”. From this screen, you will be able to see a historical view of what your child has purchased.
9. Am I able to pull an invoice to give to my company for payment?
If you require an invoice, please send an email to email@example.com, and the Business Office will be in touch to issue you an invoice.
10. If we are to leave AISJ, how is my money reimbursed?
To be reimbursed for the money in the cafeteria account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the Business Office will be in touch to get banking details for the reimbursement.
11. If I have twins/triplets or multiple students at AISJ, which student number do I use as the initial login password?
The lowest student number. E.g. Student A – 54863, Student B - 54762. Parents can change the password once logged into their Lunch Hub account.
12. I don’t have my PowerSchool log in details to get my child’s student’s ID number, what do I do?
If you have forgotten your PowerSchool parent portal login details, please select this link for instructions on how to reset your PowerSchool parent account details.
13. If I am an AISJ employee and a parent of children attending the school, which log in do I use?
AISJ employees use their AISJ login details to access their cafeteria account – the same username and password you use to log into your school laptop, email, etc.
It's a little less straightforward for AISJ employees to view their children's account. It all depends on the contact email address listed in PowerSchool, under Account Preferences.
- If you have listed your AISJ email address in Account Preferences in PowerSchool, then your children's accounts will be listed in Lunch Hub together with your own account.
- If you have listed a non-AISJ email address in Account Preferences in PowerSchool, then you need to use this email address as the username, and the ID number of your eldest child (found in PowerSchool parent portal) as the initial password. You can change the password after the first login.
If you have any questions about the Lunch Hub system, please send an email to email@example.com