Thanks to the Parent Association for putting on a brilliant Mistletoe Market this week. Our students were all so excited to head to Gould’s Gym and explore with their friends. Teachers and students are all looking forward to a well-deserved break, and with 3.5 days next week, a holiday is not far off. I wish you all well as you head off on holiday next week, and hope you enjoy spending some quality family time together.
ES Report Cards will be available online, next Wednesday morning at 9am. You will only be able to view your child’s report card if you have set up a PowerSchool account. Please see below:
What you need to know:
- 1. ES Student Report Cards will be available to parents online from 9:00am, Wednesday, December 14.
- 2. ES Student Report Cards can be printed by parents and/or saved as a PDF file. We will no longer be printing hard copies for parents.
- 3. ES Student Reports Cards can be accessed from the AISJ PowerSchool Portal (https://powerschool.aisj-jhb.com/public/) PLEASE NOTE THAT POWERSCHOOL IS DIFFERENT TO THE AISJ WEBSITE YOUR HOMEROOM TEACHERS USE AND REQUIRES A USER NAME AND PASSWORD.
- 4. Parents must have an AISJ PowerSchool account, with a username and password, to access their child’s report card. We strongly urge all parents to check that they can log on to PowerSchool as soon as possible (https://powerschool.aisj-jhb.com/public/). PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THIS UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE.
- 5. All parents at AISJ have previously been sent Access ID’s in August, 2016. You will require these in order to set up your PowerSchool account and assign your children to your account. Many of you have already completed this step as you updated your demographic information. If you have forgotten or misplaced your Access ID, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. An access ID is for security reasons, and only needs to be used the first time you set up a PowerSchool account.
- 6. For parents who arrived at AISJ after August, and have not yet received an Access ID, these will be emailed to you today.
- 7. We recommend using Firefox or Google Chrome browsers on your desktop or laptop computer to access AISJ PowerSchool and the report cards. You may experience difficulty using Safari or Internet Explorer. Report cards cannot be generated via the PowerSchool mobile app.
The following links are designed to support parents in creating PowerSchool accounts and accessing Online Reports. If you have any difficulties with this process, please email email@example.com and we will be glad to help.
Report Card and Transcript Requests from Parents
AISJ recognizes that on occasion, parents leaving AISJ will need certified copies of report cards or transcripts from their division when applying for schools or universities. In an effort to facilitate these requests, without placing an excessive burden on school personnel and resources, AISJ has developed the following protocol:
- 1. FIVE DAYS (5) advance notice is required from families for report card/transcript printing. Requests should be submitted via email or in person through the respective divisional offices.
- 2. Divisional offices will only print ONE complete set of report cards/transcripts for each year requested.
- 3. If parents require multiple copies of report cards/transcripts, it is their responsibility to make copies off site.
- 4. If an official AISJ stamp is required on the documents, parents will be expected to make the required amount of copies, deliver them to the school, at which time stamping will be completed by school personnel in the main reception of AISJ (stamping will not occur in the divisional offices).
- 5. With the exception of the final report card, issued at the end of the school year, stamping of all documents will be completed within 10 working days. All other report cards/transcripts required must follow the process outlined in steps 1-4 above.
Divisional Offices Email Addresses
Elementary School firstname.lastname@example.org
Middle School email@example.com
High School firstname.lastname@example.org
Grade 1 Music Share
On Tuesday, December 14th, Grade 1 are holding their annual Music Share. This is an opportunity for parents to come and watch their children perform all they have been learning in music this year. We encourage you to bring your cameras and enjoy the event!!
No ASA Activities
- No Co-Curricular Activities next week including Jr Swim, ES Basketball, academies (tennis, golf, swimming) & general ASA’s EXCEPT
- i. Ballet make up class as arranged with ballet teacher (4 girls) Monday dance studio.
- ii. ES Play rehearsals Mon/Tues
- All CCA (Co-Curricular Activities) resume week of 16 January 2017
We will have our final assembly of 2016 next Thursday at 8am in the Theatre. At this assembly, we will farewell all the students who are leaving AISJ, and welcome parents to come and join in the occasion.
A reminder that Thursday, December 15th is an early dismissal (1:30pm) as it is the last day of school before the holiday.
The ‘Lost Property’ will be out on display in the gazebo next week. If you are missing items, please come by and collect. Over the holidays, all lost property will be washed, bagged and donated to our Service Partner schools. We request that parents support us in naming all items that their children bring to school.
Carols by Candlelight
Important Upcoming Events
Date ,Event and Venue
December 12-15, No ASA’s for ES students,
December 13, Carols by Candlelight, Kgoro @ 6pm
December 14, Grade 1 Music Share, AISJ Theatre @ 8am
December 14, Elementary Report Cards released, Online only
December 14, Director’s Coffee Morning, Pretoria
December 15, ES Assembly, AISJ Theatre @ 8am
December 15, Last Day of School, Early Release @ 1:30pm