August 17, 2018
Dear Pretoria Campus Parents,
Thank you grade eight students and advisory teachers for inviting me to spend time together. It was an honor sharing parts of my leadership journey with you. Please be reminded that all of us have leadership skills and capabilities. I am looking forward to the many opportunities that will continue in academics, the arts, service learning, and athletics that will help our students continue to develop leadership knowledge and skills.
Thank you parents for attending our middle school open house and learning more about your child's classes and our teachers. Our middle school students are acclimating well with their new schedules and managing their transition and break times with the addition of our new Pretoria campus middle school locker space.
Our school counselor, Ms. Eliza Pomiecinska introduced student "Lunch Bunch" groups for all new students. These groups take place during regular scheduled lunch times. This week the lunch bunch students played Getting to Know You Jenga. Ms. Eliza facilitated discussions about what is it like to be a new student. The students shared ideas of how to become involved in a new school and meeting new friends. Ms. Eliza will continue offering Lunch Bunch for the first four weeks of school.
Monday Grade 5
Tuesday Grade 4
Wednesday No Lunch Bunch
Thursday Grade 2
Friday Grade 1 and Grade 3
Please be reminded of Ms. Eliza's email: email@example.com as she supports all of our AISJ students for the 2018-2019 academic year.
AISJ Pretoria Campus School Photo Day is: Tuesday, AUGUST 21, 2018!
From the Pretoria Parent Association:
We had a great first PA meeting this week, thank you for coming! Look for the meeting minutes soon on the school website or via our google group. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the group.
· We are looking for a few more room parents: EC (Ms. Mandy & Ms. Karen), 3rd grade (Mr. Keane), 4th grade (Ms. Danelle), and 5th grade (Mr. Chris & Ms. Lire).
Questions? Ask email@example.com
· Monday 20thAugust @10AM: Welcome Back Coffee - (parent room) All parents are welcome to come and socialize at this informal gathering. One free coffee for new parents, plus muffins and fruit.
· Monday 20thAugust @11:30AM - (parent room) Movie Night planning meeting. Come for the coffee, stay for the planning! Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. It will be fun!
· 5th September 6:00PM – Parents' Night Out @ Capital Craft. An evening to gather as adults and enjoy each other's company. Faculty and staff are welcome too!
· 14th September 6:30PM - Movie Night on campus. Free showing of "Peter Rabbit". Come and enjoy the fun!
· International Day is in October on the JHB campus. We have a few vacancies for country ambassadors that will help with planning. If you have ties to Canada, Israel, East Africa, Qatar, Iran, Kazakhstan, or ASEAN countries and want to be involved in organizing, please email email@example.com
We understand it can be overwhelming starting at a new place or even a new year! Please don't hesitate to reach out for anything. Talk to us or email Pretoria-PA@aisj-jhb.com. We are here to help!
Monday, 20th August 10 AM: PA Welcome Coffee
Tuesday, 21st August: School Photo Day
Monday, 27th August: Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) begin
Tuesday, 28th August 6 PM: Elementary Open House
Have a great weekend.
Dr. Amy Parish
Pretoria Campus Principal