Dear Pretoria Campus Parents,
On behalf of our school community including the Parent Association (PA), thank you parents for all the support and help given to serve lunch last Saturday at Service Learning Action Day. Money raised from previous PA events was used to provide lunch for all the kids. Thank you to middle school parents who donated your time and the ice cream and sweet treats for the middle school ice cream social. Thank you parents for your continued involvement your child’s education and your participation in parent teacher conferences.
Your involvement for the next AISJ Director is very important. The consultants who will be working with the Director’s Search Committee will meet with parents on Wednesday, October 10 at 12:00 PM in the Library Annex to seek input on the desired qualities and attributes of the next school director.
Online Forms in PowerSchool:
The use of online forms to gather information from parents and students continues to evolve. Based on feedback to our initial implementation last year we have made changes with the aim of developing a more intuitive, responsive and robust system for parents and students to submit information. Access to all forms has been consolidated under one link - ‘Forms/Signups Beta Version’ - via the PowerSchool navigation panel.
Log into the PowerSchool Parent website as usual (https://powerschool.aisj-jhb.com/public/). Select a child, and towards the bottom of the navigation panel on the left, click on the ‘Forms/Signups Beta Version’. Click on the appropriate panel to access the required form, enter and submit information. Online forms currently available include: Parent Permission Forms for Student Trips & Activities; Demographic Updates; Withdraw a Student; School Bus Service Request.
Parents are encouraged to log onto PowerSchool, click on the ‘Forms/Signups Beta Version’ link, to access the Demographic Updates form. There are five tabs of information. In each tab, please update and/or confirm the information listed is correct, confirm at the bottom of the screen and click Submit before moving to the next tab.
Note: The PowerSchool mobile app available on Apple iOS and Android does not allow access to Forms/Signups. Parents can only access this link on their mobile device via the full AISJ PowerSchool site using a browser app – we recommend either Chrome or Firefox.
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 Noon in the Annex: Parent Input Meeting for the Director’s Search
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 PA meeting 12:45 PM in the Parent Room. This time is to accommodate those who would like to attend the director's search meeting. Everyone is welcome!
Friday, October 12, 2018:
Parents who are preparing food for the International Food Fair are asked to drop the food off at the Parent Room so that it can be transported to the Johannesburg Campus. Please either have containers clearly labelled with your name or use disposable containers.
Safety for International Day!
* The Pretoria Campus Parking Lot will be closed to vehicles on Friday, October 12, International Day. The parking lot must close with the exception of buses to remain on schedule for International Day.
* Students who will be taking the bus home after International Day are likely to arrive home a little earlier than usual as buses will depart from the Johannesburg campus at 12:30 PM and take students directly home.
* Students who will be collected by parents from the Pretoria campus will be ready for parent pick up at 1:30 PM.
* All students should please wear hats, sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes, and have a snack and water bottle in disposable form (thus no lunch boxes or water bottles will get lost).
* Red Slips for child safety are required before you will be allowed to exit the Johannesburg campus gate if you are transporting your child home from the Johannesburg campus. You must check out your child at the table outside the Johannesburg campus parent room.
* The Parent Room at Johannesburg campus will be used as a communication hub for any communication about students.
* We appreciate prior communication for transportation arrangements for International Day. Please email your child’s homeroom teacher and the Pretoria campus office in advance of International Day.
October Break: No School October 15-19.
Boo in the Boot is coming soon! Sign up to host a boot and pass out candy. Your children's entrance fees will be waived! https://www.signupgenius.co/go/4090a4ea5ac2ca6fd0-boointhe1
Have an enjoyable Friday and weekend.
Dr. Amy Parish
Pretoria Campus Principal