Dear Pretoria Campus Parents,
Thank you to all parents who joined us last Friday for our ArtsFest Celebration. Our student talent was shared with a large audience as they shared their growth, joy and talent in the performing arts. Our student performance continues today. Please be reminded to join us in the Lapa at 1:30 PM for our Middle School Band, Choir and Strings Concert.
On behalf of our entire faculty and staff thank you for a wonderful week of Teacher Appreciation. We are grateful for the muffins, coffee, flowers, cards, and food. Teaching your children is the best gift of all. Your partnership in student learning is so important. Thank you parents!
Thank you to our Middle School students who worked diligently on Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) assessments. MAP continues until May 10, for our grade 3-5 students. MAP measures each student’s academic performance on the day of testing, and student growth throughout the school year. Please visit https://www.nwea.org/map-growth. On Friday, May 24, Dr. Robert Evans, our Director of Teaching and Learning, will facilitate a MAP session for all parents in the Library Annex at 13:45.
- No School Wednesday, May 8. May 8 has been declared a public holiday in South Africa due to the national and provincial elections.
- Thursday, May 9, Middle School Sports and Activities Awards, 6:00 PM
- Friday, May 10, Middle School Social, details will be sent to MS parents
Clearing out your house? Moving? Tired of those old books?
1. Bring your gently used books into the library: any genre, any language, any age level from now until May 20th
2. For every two (2) books, you receive a coupon
3. On May 21, browse our swapped books.
One Coupon = One Book
8:00 AM - 9:30 AM: Reserved for swapped books/coupons.
9:30 AM – 3:00 PM: All books on sale for R5.00 a book.
All proceeds go to building community libraries, and surplus books go to our service partner groups.
From our Pretoria PA:
Mercy House for Refugees Clothing, Shoe and Bedding Donation Drive
May 20 - 24, 2019 Pretoria Parent Room
As our year comes to a close we will be taking donations of gently used men’s, women’s and children’s clothing and shoes as well as blankets and bedding to our partner, Mercy House for Refugees. Clothing and shoes may be placed in boxes in the PA Parent Room during the week of May 20-24 and will be delivered to Mercy House during the last week of school.
Please plan ahead and join us:
- May 17 and May 18 Pretoria Campus Musical, 6:30 PM
- May 22 Pretoria Campus Service Learning Celebration
- May 24 Grade 8 Promotion Ceremony, 6:00 PM
AISJ Parents are Invited:
Enjoy Friday and the weekend