JOBDESCRIPTION: ENROLMENT MANAGER
DIVISION: Enrolment Office (Johannesburg Campus)
SUPERVISOR: School Director
START DATE: 1 June 2019 (negotiable)
The Enrolment Manager is responsible for the oversight and implementation of all procedures related to student enrolment at both campuses of the American International School of Johannesburg. As such they are responsible for introducing the American International School of Johannesburg to all prospective and/or incoming families. He/she will be in constant contact with families and is to assist and support families through their transition process when both enrolingand exiting with the school.
The Enrolment Manager is also responsible for the development of a “data-driven” enrolment strategy as well as the management of marketing and outreach initiatives related to school enrolment.
· Degree in relevant area
· Extensive IT skills in database and communications
· Knowledge of principles and practices of office coordination
· Excellent command of the English language
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Maturity, empathy and professionalism in dealing with students and parents
· Independent and a self-starter
· Integrity and an ability to maintain accurate and confidential records
· Ability to collaborate with, and motivate others
· Ability to multi-task
· Thorough attention to detail
Preferred skills and experience:
· Experience in alumni and advancement processes
· Experience in developing a strategic direction
· Experience in the coordination and management of social media strategies and campaigns
· Experience in developing and implementing marketing approaches and plans
· Extensive experience in data management and analysis
· Prior experience within a school or college environment
· Prior experience in a similaror related role
The Enrolment Manager responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
· Working with educational leaders and finance personalto develop a strategic direction around enrolment.
· Reportingof enrolment trends.
· Statistical analysis in facilitating admissions decisions, including the development of such programs as financial assistance packages and other initiatives to maximize enrolment.
· Coordinating the development, implementation, and monitoring of procedures relating to enrolment as stipulated in the school polices.
· Collectingenrolment and market relateddata.
· Developing and implementing ofmarketing strategies related to school enrolment
· Supporting and coordinating school marketing outreach programs including social media initiatives.
· Coordinatingthe AISJ Alumni program in conjunction with the school’s Communications department.
· Ensuring systems and procedures are implemented to ensure data integrity.
· Preparing monthly enrolment reports for finance committee and Board meetings
· Assisting the finance department with annual audit queries relating to student enrolment
· Liaising with the major relocation agents and companies to ensure that new consultants are made aware of “international education” and to deliver registration and promotional material.
· Building strong relationships with the human resources departments of large companies/Embassies/Consulates and establishing communication with companies with no or few students at the school to reinforce personal contact, and to survey company policies regarding staff movement.
· Conducting school tours for prospective new families on both campuses
· Preparing appropriate registration and promotional materials prior to family or representative visits.
· Gathering and processing of admission documentation, including initial enrolment documents, full school records, copies of standardized testing and confidential school reports.
· Liaisingwith divisional Principals to finalize the admission and placement decision.
· Coordinating interview schedules with principals and counselors and arranging placement testing needed for ESL, school readiness, etc for both campuses.
· Assistingexpatriate students with their visa applications and study permits.
· Organizing, coordinating and attending new student orientation on both campuses in August and January
· Ensuring that all relevant family information is received and distributed to school data basesand school departments
· Administering and analyzingthe ‘new family’ surveys at the beginning of November.
· Conducting re-enrolment surveys and follow up – February, March and April.
· Assisting in the planning and supporting of the annual ‘new parent orientation’.
· Organizingwelcome packs for returning students.
· Coordinatingnew student registration in August.
· Coordinatingwith the PA’s Ambassador Program to welcome new families.
· Traveling for Alumni Events
· Training assigned assistants in the full admissions process and procedure.
· AttendingPA events, Director “coffee mornings”, Principal “coffee mornings”.
· Any other duties that may be assigned by the School Director.
Work Hours: 07:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday, through Friday.
Application process: All interest parties are to submit their CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org