Home stays will be available to schools coming to JoMUN from outside of Johannesburg on a first come, first served basis. Please note that the homestay option is only available during the actual conference dates (September 26-28, 2019); additional nights must be booked at a hotel (see recommended hotel below). AISJ's Activities Coordinator, Mr. David Goetz (email@example.com), will be emailing a link to the homestay roster form to all participating schools.
Host families will provide delegates with whatever meals are not already included in the conference; however, we recommend that delegates bring a bit of their own spending money, just in case.
Parent & Student Hosting Expectations and Guidelines:
- Each host family is committed to provide a safe, supportive and comfortable living environment. Host families will need to provide a clean sleeping space (camping cot, sleeping bag, sofa, bed, etc.) and breakfast. Evening meals will also need to be provided, except on Saturday, September 29th, when there is a conference dinner at the Indaba Hotel.
- Visiting students may use school transportation on regularly scheduled transportation times (Friday only). Host families will be asked to provide transportation on Thursday (6 pm), Saturday morning and evening, and on Sunday morning. Carpooling with other host families is perfectly acceptable. Student drivers, taxis (e.g. Uber) or public transport are NOT allowed.
- Visiting girls will be hosted by girls and visiting boys will be hosted by boys as much as possible.
- Students will be hosted in pairs minimum; it is also possible to host more than two students.
- An adult must be in the house at curfew time (9 pm weekdays and 10 pm weekends). The various school chaperones will call host families to check on their students at this time.
If home stays are not for you, or if you would like to combine your visit with a few additional days of sightseeing, we recommend the following hotel:
City Lodge Fourways: www.citylodge.co.za
The hotel has given us the following group rate:
Conference/event: American International School of Johannesburg
Booking Code: AISJ-JOMUN
Rate Period: 01 August 2018 - 31 July 2019
Single Occupancy (1 person per room)
Weekdays (Mon to Thurs): R1 537.59 per room per night
Weekends (Fri to Sun): R952.80 per room per night
Double Occupancy (2 persons per room)
Weekdays (Mon to Thurs): R1 998.52 per room per night
Weekends (Fri to Sun): R1117.80 per room per night
Rates Include: VAT and 1% Tourism Levy & Full English Breakfast
Please contact the hotel directly, and mention our conference, to make your booking.
Mr. David Goetz will be able to help groups with booking accommodation at this location. AISJ will provide transport for delegations opting for City Lodge hotel option only.
Airport transfers: must be booked at the time of registration. Schools will be charged an additional 1500 Rand for this service. Please contact Mr. David Goetz (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange transport.
Daily transport: Students availing themselves of the homestay option will be provided with a combination of school and host family transport. Delegations staying at the City Lodge will be picked up and dropped off each day.
N.B. If schools choose the a different hotel option for both delegates and chaperones, then they will have to arrange and pay for their own bussing each day.
This is the name of the bus company that we recommend:
Future Coaches - http://www.futurecoaches.co.za/
Although there is a vast network of public taxis which are used by local commuters, these are generally not recommended for use. Should you require transportation outside of the conference times, please use a privately hired taxi or chauffeur service. Although more costly, it is a safe and reliable form of transportation.
Please visit the General Travel Information page of our website for further details regarding transportation.