- JoMUN is a student-run conference. Students who are selected to lead the conference and committee rooms will make decisions on how the conference is run. MUN directors will be there for support with logistics and procedures only.
- JoMUN adheres to the spirit of the worldwide MUN model which allows young delegates to seek solutions to pressing world problems as they learn to think beyond national self-interest regarding issues and develop increased international cooperation and consensus-seeking diplomacy.
- The MUN program at AISJ is a significant part of the school’s rich co-curricular program, but all students are encouraged to participate in other activities as well. The spirit of cooperation at AISJ allows students to participate in multiple activities simultaneously.
- The MUN program is an outstanding educational activity that is clearly a compelling expression and manifestation of the AISJ’s vision, mission, and beliefs.
General Guiding Principles for JoMUN Delegates
- All delegates, no matter what the size or economic situation of the country that they represent, have an important role to play in the conference. Delegates are expected to be well-prepared and to participate fully in the debates to ensure a meaningful learning experience for all. While style is important at JoMUN, it should never come at the expense of substance.
- Students must adhere to the spirit of the worldwide MUN model.
- Student delegates will follow the rules and procedures of parliamentary conduct as outlined in THIMUN’s Rules of Procedures document.
- Students, parents, and MUN directors should have a clear understanding of how AISJ students are selected for Secretary General, Deputy Secretary General, student officer, delegate, admin, press, and tech responsibilities.
- All students deserve a fair and equal opportunity to apply for a particular MUN delegation.
- The specific details of the application process will be published on the JoMUN website.
- Selection for the international MUN conferences will be made in consultation with MUN directors and with input from JoMUN student officers.
As a THIMUN-affiliated conference, JoMUN follows the THIMUN Rules of Procedure. All chairs and delegates are expected to be fully familiar with these rules.