The philosophy of the AISJ mathematics program is to provide our diverse learners with:
- a solid mathematical background
- a nurturing learning environment which fosters an appreciation for mathematics and opportunities for discovery and risk-taking
- an ability to communicate their understanding
- a belief that there is a mathematician within them
- the ability to make connections to the world around them
- opportunities to develop logical and analytical reasoning skills
Through this, we empower our learners to successfully apply their skills in a variety of contexts with confidence and perseverance.
Standard 1: Number and Algebra
Students understand that numbers and algebra represent and quantify our world and can be used to solve problems
Standard 2: Measurement and Geometry
Students understand that measurement and geometry model and quantify structures in our world and can be used to solve problems
Standard 3: Statistics and Probability
Students understand that data analysis can help us interpret and make predictions about our world
Achievement Standards examine understanding, fluency, problem-solving and reasoning at each grade level with more specific descriptors included within each curriculum document.